Social Activities, Hobbies & Leisure Interests
Arrangement for Resident Social Activities, Hobbies & Leisure Interests
An activities programme and time table is displayed on the notice board in each day room. An assessment of a residents’ activity needs & capabilities will be completed.
Each resident has “A key to me” assessment completed on Epicare.
Services and activities include:
- Live music & Sing-alongs.
- Games e.g. skittles, cards etc.
- Arts & Crafts
- Roman Catholic Mass
- Church of Ireland service
- Gentle fitness exercise programme
- Pot planting (Flowers & Bulbs)
- Hairdresser weekly or by private arrangement (Nominal fee applies)
- Afternoon Tea outings
- Entertainment by children from local schools.
- Special events are marked during the year with decorations and music e.g. Birthdays, Halloween, Christmas and New Year, Easter, St Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, St Patricks Day and Special Family Occasion celebrations etc.
- Chiropody (fee applies)
- Access to physiotherapy on-site
- Individual Coded Safes provided for each Resident
- Daily newspapers delivered (nominal fee applies)
- Residents Meetings are held regularly. All residents are encouraged to take part.
Whilst there are regular organised day trips for residents, the nursing home will assist residents to participate in external activities outside of these arrangements, where possible. Additional costs may be incurred e.g. personal shopping.
Resident Consultation Arrangements
- Residents Guide
- Resident Meetings – each resident is informed of the meeting, invited to the meeting and are encouraged to participate. The Resident Advocate and administrator, care assistants and Director of Nursing will attend these meetings.
- Notice boards throughout the facility
- Through individual care plans
- Verbal communication
- Resident Newsletter
- Resident Advocate: Ms Dympna Flynn
- 3 private sitting rooms available at all times (for family and residents use).